Recipe by: oldelpaso.com.au
Makes: 10 Tacos
Time: 35 minutes
- 2 halved and seeded red capsicums
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 roughly chopped small eggplant
- 1 roughly chopped zucchini
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco Spice Mix
- 2 chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 drained and rinsed Old El Paso™ Black Beans
- 1 Old El Paso™ Mini Tortillas (10pk)
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g torn bocconcini
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Mild or Medium Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
Preheat oven to 220°C conventional (200°C fan forced). Place capsicums skin side up on a baking paper lined oven tray and bake until skins are blackened and blistered, about 15 -20 minutes.
Remove from tray with tongs and place in a plastic bag to sweat (skins will rub off easily if allowed to sweat in bag). Remove skin, discard and cut capsicum flesh into long strips.
Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and cook onion until softened. Add eggplant and zucchini, cook for another 5 minutes. Toss in pan frequently. Add Taco Spice Mix and stir to distribute evenly. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Add black beans and stir until just heated through.
For delicious pan toasted tortillas, heat a non- stick frying pan over a medium heat and brown each tortilla for 10 seconds on one side only. Wrap in a tea towel until ready to serve.
Build your soft tacos any way you like with toasted tortillas, tomato & black bean filling, spinach leaves, bocconcini, sour cream and salsa.