Recipe by: https://www.leggos.com.au/
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and quartered
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup red wine or reduced salt chicken stock
- 500g jar Leggo’s Organic Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- Wholemeal or pulse pasta of choice, for serving
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Heat oil in a large non stick frypan over high heat. Add chicken and cook on both sides until golden. Remove and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium, add onion and capsicum to frypan and cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook for a further minute. Add wine and cook until reduced to 1 tablespoon.
Add Leggo’s Organic Pasta Sauce, chicken and reserved meat juices (these add extra flavour) to frypan. Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with pasta of choice, garnished with basil leaves.