Recipe by: Bulla
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 125mL water
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 50g butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- to make the sauce
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 250mL Bulla Thickened Cream
- 60g butter
- 2 cinnamon quills
- to serve
- 2L Vanilla Ice cream, softened
- candied spiced walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Place dates and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir in bi-carb, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Fold in flour, date mixture and ginger.
- Pour mixture into a 20 x 10cm lined loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Drizzle a little of the sauce over the date pudding whilst still warm, set aside to cool. When cake has cooled, cut in half and break one half into pieces and stir through the Bulla Creamy Classic Vanilla Ice Cream. Spoon into a plastic wrap lined 8 x 26cm log tin. Cover well and freeze.
- Cut remaining date pudding into 8 slices, serve a slice of ice cream on top of pudding and drizzle over warm butterscotch sauce and finish with walnuts.