Recipe by: tasteofhome.com.au
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crushed kettle-cooked potato chips or panko bread crumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain. Preheat broiler.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes (do not burn). Gradually whisk in cream, milk, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Add pasta, chicken, bacon and jalapeno; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle chips over top.
- Broil 3-4 inches from heat until chips are browned, about 30 seconds.