Recipe by: lanesbbq.com.au
- Whole Pumpkin (around 2.2.kgs)
- Decent knob of butter
- 1 Diced onion
- 1 Potato
- 2 Carrots
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- Lane’s SPF Rub
- Lane’s Maple Pecan Rub
- Chicken stock
- Fresh chilli
- Bacon rashers
- Brown sugar
Method – Pumpkin Soup
Cut the pumpkin into quarters. De-seed (Tip: clean and roast the seeds for a great garnish or season with maple pecan seasoning and extra salt for an unreal bar snack)
Pre heat smoker to 105c
When up to temp, place the pumpkin quarters, Smoke for 1 hour.
- Increase temp to 300c or until easily pierced with a fork
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add potatoes and carrot and SPF and fresh chilli. Then reduce temp for 10 mins
- Add 1L of chicken stock and let the soup simmer for 30mins
- Blend with a stick blender to the desired consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Plate up the soup, add a swirl of greek yoghurt (and sriracha if you’re a spicy unit)
- To take this recipe to the next level garnish with a generous amount of candied bacon.
Method – Candied Bacon
- Lay 4/6 bacon rashers on a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle with Lane’s Maple Pecan Rub and coat with brown sugar.
- Bake for around 20 mins or until the sugar is well caramelised and the bacon is crispy.
- Be careful the coating will be sticky and scorching hot so, unless you’re looking to delete your fingerprints allow to cool before handling.
- When cool, dice and serve.