2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup grated Mainland Tasty Cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
125g Western Star Original Butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
Flavour Variation: Ham and Corn
3/4 cup chopped ham
125g can creamed corn
1 spring onion (optional), finely sliced
Flavour Variation: Spinach Mustard and Feta
50g Australian feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup baby spinach leaves, shredded
1 spring onion, finely sliced
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Combine flour, cheese and parsley in a bowl.
- Add butter, milk, egg and chosen flavouring and stir with a large metal spoon until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into 12 x 1/3 cup capacity buttered muffin pans.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- This recipe can also be made in mini muffin pans, simply reduce cooking time to 10 minutes.
- Muffins are best made and eaten on the same day, however day old muffins can be freshened by warming in the microwave.
- Muffins can be individually wrapped and frozen for school lunch boxes.
- Try out your own flavour variations with these muffins.