Recipe by: 4ingredients.com.au
Time: 1 hour 45 mins
- 1.5 kg boned and rolled pork leg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 6 Red Delicious or Pink Lady apples
Preheat oven to 220°C.
Using a sharp knife, score the pork skin, all the way around, from one side to the other in 1cm parallel lines.
Brush the skin generously first with olive oil then with lemon juice.
Then rub the entire leg with 2 teaspoons of sea salt, rubbing it in well.
Place the pork onto a rack in a large paper lined baking dish and roast for 30 minutes.
Reduce heat to 180°C and roast for a further 30 minutes.
Lightly brush the apples with a little olive oil and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Arrange in the roasting pan with the pork and roast for 30 minutes or until the pork is just cooked and the skin crispy crackling.
- Stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- Serve with the baked apples and seasonal vegetables.