- 50g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, (white part only) halved and finely sliced
- 300g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 litre Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken
- 60g parmesan, grated
- 1 tbs parsley, roughly chopped
In a small saucepan bring Campbells Real Stock to the boil, then reduce to a very gentle simmer.
In a separate medium saucepan melt butter, add olive oil, leek, onion, garlic and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add the rice and cook for a further minute or until the rice is coated in butter mixture.
Add wine and stir continually with a wooden spoon until the wine has been absorbed, start to add the hot Campbells Real Stock – chicken, 1/2 cup at a time, making sure all the liquid is absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup of stock.
Continue for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and the risotto has a creamy texture.
Remove from heat and stir through grated parmesan and chopped parsley (if desired).