Recipe by: delicious.com.au
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 200g thick Greek-style yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1kg chopped lamb shoulder
- 2 beetroots, peeled, grated
- 1/3 cup (55g) sultanas
- 1 bunch mint, leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, plus extra to serve
Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes. Mix sumac, yoghurt, lemon juice and garlic in a bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Stand while you make the salad.
- Place beetroot, sultanas and two-thirds of the mint in a bowl. Combine vinegar, sugar and 2 tablespoons oil, then season and pour over the beetroot mixture. Set aside.
- Thread the lamb onto skewers and season. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. In 3 batches, cook the skewers, turning, for 8-10 minutes for medium or until done to your liking.
- Scatter lamb kebabs with remaining mint and serve with beetroot salad and extra yoghurt drizzled with oil.