Recipe by: Don
- 12 slices Ham
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 cups mashed potato
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Dipping sauce
- Cut 2 x 2 squares of ham and cheese, ensuring they’re the same time. Layer the ham and cheese, alternating between each, until there are 12 layers in total.
- In a bowl, mix mashed potato, salt, pepper and 1 whisked egg until combined.
- Wrap mash mixture around each tower of ham and cheese to form a cube. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Coat in flour then whisked eggs then cover in breadcrumbs.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, ½ inch of oil.
- Fry each side of the mash cube until it’s golden brown. Then back for 10 minutes at 160ºC.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce!