Recipe by: taste.com.au
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard or dry mustard powder
- 750g peeled uncooked prawns
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Heat butter, oil and garlic in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat until butter has melted. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until mixture bubbles.
- Slowly add stock, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly to prevent lumps forming. Add wine and cream. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Add mustard, to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add prawns. Simmer, stirring for 3 minutes or until prawns are cooked through. Stir in parsley. Serve creamy garlic prawns with steamed rice.