Recipe by: tasteofhome.com
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or sherry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a shallow oven-safe dish, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in chicken. Cover and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with rice and if desired, sprinkle with red pepper flakes.