Spicy Ricotta & Sweet Potato Parcels
Cooking Time: 40 Mins
- 800g sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 275g ricotta, crumbled
- 120g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 220°C. Cook sweet potato in the microwave on high for 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Drain before mashing. Stir in ricotta, feta, currants, spring onion, lemon rind, cumin and cinnamon, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Brush 1 filo sheet with a little oil. Fold in half crossways. Place 1/8th of the sweet potato & ricotta mix at short end. Fold in sides. Roll up. Lay, seam-side down, on 1 lined tray. Repeat with remaining pastry and mixture. Brush parcels with a little oil. Bake for 30 minutes, but swap tray shelves at 15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Serve with a side salad.