Spicy Beef Curry
Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 Mins
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g chuck steak, cut in 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 60g butter or margarine
- 1 cup Kellogg’s® Sultana Bran
- 2 Tbsp curry powder (hot or mild according to taste)
- 250g frozen (or fresh) broccoli (optional)
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- Pinch chilli powder
- 2–3 beef stock cubes
- Melt butter in a deep frying pan.
- Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Dust meat with seasoned flour. Brown with onions & garlic.
- Blend in curry powder.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except broccoli) and bring to the boil.
- If using broccoli, place in base of a casserole.
- Pour curry on top of broccoli.
- Cover, & bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 1 – 1 ½ hours.
- Serve with rice and condiments.