Italian Bolognese Pasta Bake
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40-45 Mins
- 400g fusilli (spirals) pasta
- 500 g beef mince
- ¼ cup Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 250 mL beef stock
- 400 g can Italian chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ packet of Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the beef, garlic, egg, Perfect Italiano™ Parmesan and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Separate the mixture into small balls, each about the size of a tablespoon.
- Place the olive oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over a high heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes or until well browned, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Place the onion into a large heavy based pan and stir over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock and tomatoes then simmer for 5 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly.
- Return the meatballs to the pan, and bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, following the packet directions.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the meatballs and sauce and toss to combine.
- Transfer into a large baking dish and sprinkle over the Perfect Italiano™ Perfect Bakes cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.